SEO Predictions 2008
Before end of the first month of the year, here are some bold and fearless SEO predictions for 2008, swirling around the Web:
- Google will stop referring to Open Directory data.
- Reputation management / search leveraged press release services will grow further this year.
- Yahoo! will struggle in gaining foothold within the search engine market.
- Usability will play a bigger part in the SEO process and be given due credit.
- Google Local and Yahoo! Local will even be more essential to build business around.
- More acquisitions: smaller specialty SEO companies will merge with bigger agencies.
- Unique content remains to be the king.
- Video and mobile marketing will explode unless recession puts a brake to these promising channels.
- Google properties will expand further beyond the search (Google TV, Google Phone).
- More features will be released by Google Webmaster Tools.
- MSN will start popularizing its tools, currently brewing at Microsoft adCenter Labs.
- Local paid search efforts will pay greater dividends.